Type in 5 different languages at once with latest SwiftKey Beta
SwiftKey has been on the news a lot as of late: it got itself in a bit of an awkward situation a few months ago and had to suspend its cloud syncing, and just a few weeks ago, it announced that the keyboard will now be powered by a neural network to improve suggestions. With the latest beta, SwiftKey takes that even further by adding more languages, and now you can even type in five different languages at once!
Among the new additions that are coming with the latest beta, the biggest one might be its support for five simultaneous languages. Yes, five. If you are multilingual – and especially if you speak more than two languages – switching back and forth between languages can be very annoying. SwiftKey already supported two languages to be typed at once, but now the company has increased that number to five. No more tediously searching for the right language!
Another is the expansion of its neural network support. Earlier in September, SwiftKey introduced us to its new word prediction system: a neural network. It essentially looks at the whole sentence rather than a few preceding words to offer better suggestions. Unfortunately, the neural network was only available for English, but now French, German, and Spanish will also be powered by the company’s neural network.
With the latest beta version, you also get more language support and some UI changes. You can check out the full changelog below:
- You can now type in 5 languages at once!
- We’ve added 4 new languages: Sindhi Pakistan, Pashto, Scottish Gaelic, Uyghur
- New Neural Net languages: French, German & Spanish
- You can now turn on/off key press popups
- New setting in a tablet layout to turn on/off dedicated emoji key that appears to the left of the space bar
- No more red underlines when typing in multiple languages
- Bottom row now visible on stroke + emoji + arrow + landscape layout
If you already have the SwiftKey Beta app, you should be able to see the update; if you don’t, click the button below to download it and give it a go!