HTC Vive hits the road for virtual reality demos
We had a chance to try out HTC Vive this week during Comic-Con in San Diego, where the company set up a demo booth, but don’t worry if you couldn’t make the show. HTC is taking Vive on a world tour that lasts all summer long.
Once Comic-Con winds down, HTC is hitting the road with demos across America. Then, in September, the company will bring its VR headset to Europe. Unless specified otherwise, it looks like walk-ins are generally welcome. Here’s the current list of tour stops:
- July 9-12, Island St & 6th Ave, San Diego, CA, USA
- July 17-19, Forecastle Festival [Invite Only], Louisville, KY, USA
- July 21-23, Navy Pier, Chicago, IL, USA
- July 25-28, specific location TBD, Kansas City, KS, USA
- August 2-8, The International, Seattle, WA, USA
- August 5-9, Gamescom, Cologne, Germany
- August 13-16, specific location TBD, San Francisco, CA, USA
- August 20-23, specific location TBD, Portland, OR, USA
- August 28-31, PAX Prime, Seattle, WA, USA
- September 4-9, IFA, Berlin, Germany
- October 28-November 1, Paris Games Week, Paris, France
HTC notes that these dates and locations may change. If you don’t want to miss your chance, the best option is probably to follow the company’s Vive social media accounts for the latest news.
[“source – technobuffalo.com”]