DU releases anti ragging, women safety measures: Know how to file a complaint
With Delhi University 2018 academic session all set to begin from July 20, the university has released a slew of measures to ensure ragging-free and disciplined campus.
At a recently held proctorial meeting with officials of the DTC, Delhi Metro and the Delhi police, decisions to make the campuses women-friendly were also taken.
“The Delhi Metro has been requested to make announcements in trains and stations about the varsity being intolerant towards ragging,” Delhi University release said.
Here’s the list of measures taken by the university:
- The university will set up two control rooms in North and South campus from July 20 to August 2 for easing the induction process of the freshers
- All colleges will get police picket points with a special assistance to women colleges
- Defacing of walls with graffiti and sensitive posters, unauthorised entry of outsiders to hostels have been prohibited
- Moreover, women police specially trained in martial arts will also be deployed from the Special Police Unit for Women and Children (SPUWAC)
- Also, the varsity has asked students to cross check whether their PG accommodations have been verified police or not.
(Read: 99.6 per cent holder unable to get choice college due to online form error)
- Sensitive areas in the campus have been put under electronic surveillance as a measure to curb ragging and maintain discipline
- During the admission process, the varsity has also asked students to file undertakings during admissions that their wards will not indulge in such activities
- The Delhi police will deploy women police personnel in plain clothes in the varsity premises to curb ragging or eve- teasing incidents.