Chicken do Pyaaza Recipe
The fact is that we cannot say no to chicken as a non-vegetarian dish. It is not just a dish, it is a delicacy, a legend in itself. Why so much love? Why not?! There are so many chicken dishes that have been evolved as a result of the intermingling of customs and traditional ways of cooking. One of the best dishes made of chicken, in India, is Chicken Do Pyaaza.
Chicken do pyaaza is one of the yummiest members of the clan of non-vegetarian dishes as it is made with the universally known amalgamation of Indian spices and condiments. As we are adopting the trends of recreating the popular dishes with a touch of self-experience, here is a quick recipe for Chicken Do Pyaaza which can be followed to make a loved combination.
And how significant it is to see how the name of the dish sounds so royal in itself. Chicken Do Pyaaza consists of the most enchanting flavors from India, compiled with the fresh juices of Chicken, marinated and spiced-up at an adequate amount. The dish fetches its truest flavors from Punjab, the state which is known to procreate the actual Indian flavors.
How about cooking this in today’s dinner? This delicacy will make everyone go finger-licking, definitely. Or, if you wish to dig into the flavors right away, without having to prepare it yourself, you can easily order the dish under faasos coupons where there are multiple deals & discounts on all food orders as well.
Note down the ingredients for the dish
Chicken Do pyaaza is estimated to be cooked in 20 minutes which excludes the preparation time of 10 minutes (approximately). Prerequisites are very important for every dish because they carry the taste and aroma in themselves. Here are the ingredients, which you will require to cook the chicken with serving for three to four people:
For cooking the chicken:
- 1.5 Kg chicken
- 3 Tomatoes
- 1 ½ small cup of yogurt
- 3 Onions
- 2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 2 tablespoon desi ghee
- ½ tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 coriander powder
- 1 turmeric powder
- 3 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
For the garam masala:
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon clove powder
- 2 tablespoon cardamom powder
- ½ tablespoon black cardamom powder
For garnishing the chicken
- 4 tablespoon creams
- 1 ½ tablespoon kasoori methi
- 2 tablespoon chopped green chilies
- 3 tablespoon coriander leaves
- Salt (as per taste)
- ½ tablespoon mint leaves
- Mixer, grinder or food processor
- Small and large mixing bowl
- Nonstick saucepan or Nonstick large pan
Preparing garam masala
Garam masala is the true essence of the dish which provides that rich Indian flavor to it. It is very important to play a measured take on the preparation of garam masala. In order to prepare the garam masala you just have to mix back cardamom powder, green cardamom powder, maca powder, cinnamon powder and clove powder.
Preparing the chicken
- First cut the chicken evenly into medium size pieces and later on mix it with garlic paste, salt, ginger paste and red chili powder. After mixing leave it for 20 minutes for marination.
- Take two onions and cut them into large pieces while chopping the last one finely. Further, take some tomatoes and make a puree of it by blending.
- Put the pan on the stove and heat it. After that add, desi ghee to it followed by the ginger garlic paste.
- Keep on stirring the paste and when it turns a little brown then add the chopped onions and keep on cooking it till it becomes golden brown.
- Now you can add tomato puree and salt as per requirement.
- In a bowl take some yogurt and mix it well by adding red chili and turmeric powder. After that add this mixture to the puree in the pan and keep on cooking for some time.
- At the end add the marinated chicken along with the cumin powder, coriander powder, water, garam masala, and onions that were cut into larger pieces.
Garnishing is something which defines the dish and also gives it a proper presentation. Thus, here is a quick way with which you can make your own garnished presentation of the cooked dish.
- Before serving add heated cream mixed with mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chilies and kasoori methi to the chicken.
- After that serve the prepared dish hot to your guests.
- If you prefer mutton over chicken then you can even replace the chicken with mutton in the recipe.
- Some people pressure-cook the chicken for quick cooking. Avoid doing this as slow cooking increases taste of the chicken.
- Adjust chilies according to your need and you can even increase cream content if you like a mellower taste.
Calories and nutritional contents:
All the values mentioned below is for one serving of the dish.
61 calories in the chicken piece, 40 calories in olive oil, 19 calories in onions and 5 calories in capsicum. The dish consists of a total 120 calorie count where there is 5.5grams of fat (In the total fat content, 1 g is saturated fat, 3.5 g monounsaturated fat and 1 g is polyunsaturated fat). Then there is 29mg cholesterol, 210mg potassium, 15.5mg proteins and 34mg sodium.
- Total Carbohydrate – 6 g
- Dietary fiber – 1 g
Best served with:
Because of the high content of onions, this dish is very rich in aroma and taste. To match the flavors and to get best of it, this dish should be served with steamed rice. However, butter naan can also compliment the taste of this dish.
Even when you are not a lover of chicken, there are dishes that tingle your taste-buds to the extreme. Chicken Do Pyaaza is one such non-vegetarian dish which satiates that cravings of those luxurious delicacies. Sometimes, healthy can be cheated with something tasty. Make up your dish, using all your favourite masalas to taste. Do not forget that the lazy is also being fed with special food delivery coupons provided online.