Out of all the beta releases lately, the BlackBerry Keyboard app has been getting the most love. Another new build has started to arrive for beta testers through the Google Play Store, and this release is packed with plenty of changes, fixes, and overall improvements. Here’s what’s new!
- For KEY2/KEYone/PRIV: added settings to enable or disable the swipe down and double-tap keyboard gestures
- For physical keyboards, the suggestion bar now includes the current word if it’s not in the dictionary
- Fixed Quick Cangjie input
- Fixed Turkish input to suggest “i” more appropriately after “ı” was typed
- Fixed searching of Vietnamese text
- Fixed the Alphabet (QWERTY) input language
The language improvements will undoubtedly be the highlight for folks explicitly having issues with the languages addressed but the new settings for BlackBerry KEYone, BlackBerry KEY2and Priv stands out for those who have been having issues with cursor mode or double-tap activations causing erroneous inputs.