Qihoo 360 Technology (QIHU) Is Today’s Dead Cat Bounce Stock
Trade-Ideas LLC identified Qihoo 360 Technology ( QIHU) as a “dead cat bounce” (down big yesterday but up big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Qihoo 360 Technology as such a stock due to the following factors:
- QIHU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $142.9 million.
- QIHU has traded 147,971 shares today.
- QIHU is up 3.1% today.
- QIHU was down 8.8% yesterday.
Qihoo 360 Technology Co. Ltd., through its subsidiaries, provides Internet services in the People’s Republic of China. The company operates through Internet Services and Others segments. QIHU has a PE ratio of 51. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Qihoo 360 Technology a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Qihoo 360 Technology has been 3.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Qihoo 360 Technology has a market cap of $7.5 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. Shares are up 2.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Qihoo 360 Technology as a buy. The company’s strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- QIHU’s very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 5.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 94.6%. Growth in the company’s revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- QIHOO 360 TECHNOLGY CO -ADR reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, QIHOO 360 TECHNOLGY CO -ADR increased its bottom line by earning $1.71 versus $0.76 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.48 versus $1.71).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income increased by 361.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $16.65 million to $76.82 million.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, QIHOO 360 TECHNOLGY CO -ADR’s return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for QIHOO 360 TECHNOLGY CO -ADR is currently very high, coming in at 81.90%. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 17.81% trails the industry average.