Delhi government introduces scholarship scheme for needy students
Delhi government on Tuesday announced the launch of the new merit-cum-means scholarship scheme/fee waiver for the needy students.
Delhi government on Tuesday announced the launch of the new merit-cum-means scholarship scheme/fee waiver for the needy students who wishes to pursue higher studies in any of the state universities of Delhi, namely:
- GGS Indraprastha University
- Delhi Technological University
- Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology
- Ambedkar University
- Indira Gandhi Delhi Technological University for Women
- Delhi Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research University
The scheme will also be extended to the Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology as and when the institution becomes a state university of Delhi.
Broad features of the scheme are as follows:
- 100 per cent fee waiver for category of students from a family with card issued under the National Food Security Scheme (NFSS)
- 50 per cent fee waiver for students from families with income upto Rs 2.5 lakh per annum
- 25 per cent fee waiver for students from families with income above Rs 2.5 lakh and not exceeding Rs 6 lakh per annum
- A minimum of 60 per cent would be mandatory for availing the scheme. A relaxation of 5 per cent in marks would be applicable for the students of SC/ST category.
Initially the scheme will be applicable to the students in any of the Undergraduate Courses. The required documentation has been kept as minimum as possible.